You are reading Written Message to Mother

Written Message to Mother

  • I went to a party Mom,
    I remembered what you said.
    You told me not to drink, Mom,
    So I drank soda instead.

    I really felt proud inside, Mom,
    The way you said I would.
    I didn't drink and drive, Mom,
    Even though the others said I should.

    I know I did the right thing, Mom,
    I know you are always right.
    Now the party is finally ending, Mom,
    As everyone is driving out of sight.

    As I got into my car, Mom,
    I knew I'd get home in one piece.
    Because of the way you raised me,
    So responsible and sweet.

    I started to drive away, Mom,
    But as I pulled out into the road,
    The other car didn't see me, Mom,
    And hit me like a load.

    As I lay there on the pavement, Mom,
    I hear the policeman say,
    "The other guy is drunk," Mom,
    And now I'm the one who will pay.

    I'm lying here dying, Mom....
    I wish you'd get here soon.
    How could this happen to me, Mom?
    My life just burst like a balloon.

    There is blood all around me, Mom,
    And most of it is mine.
    I hear the medic say, Mom,
    I'll die in a short time.

    I just wanted to tell you, Mom,
    I swear I didn't drink.
    It was the others, Mom.
    The others didn't think.

    He was probably at the same party as I.
    The only difference is, he drank
    And I will die.

    Why do people drink, Mom?
    It can ruin whole life.
    I'm feeling sharp pains now.
    Pains just like a knife.

    The guy who hit me is walking, Mom,
    And I don't think it's fair.
    I'm lying here dying
    And all he can do is stare.

    Tell my brother not to cry, Mom.
    Tell Daddy to be brave.
    And when I go to heaven, Mom,
    Put "GOOD BOY " on my grave.

    Someone should have told him, Mom,
    Not to drink and drive.
    If only they had told him, Mom,
    I would still be alive.

    My breath is getting shorter, Mom.
    I'm becoming very scared.
    Please don't cry for me, Mom.
    When I needed you, you were always there.

    I have one last question, Mom.
    Before I say good bye.
    I didn't drink and drive,
    So why am I the one to die?

    Source: Email.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
    Copyright 2010 GURURAJ.N.